How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Both the 3/4 ton running gear are under the truck now. The brake lines are hooked back up as are the parking brake cables. The 5" lift and the 35 inch tires accentuate the short wheel base. hoping to drive this thing in about two weeks.
It ain't very long.
I used the hard fuel lines from my standard ca/bed donor truck. They hooked right up to the engine (Heck, they came off this engine) and fit the frame rail perfectly. I removed the line I had swapped over from the other side and pitched it. These lines, supply and return, just almost reach the front corner of the rear-mounted ramcharger tank. I will run hose from there to the tank. I rigged up a vent and a dedicated return hook-up at the tank. I will talk about that more when I get pics of the tank.
I reused a solid 3 inch, madrel bent downpipe and 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust pipe. Trying to keep the expense to a minimum, I chose not to use the 4 inch that is waiting for the crewcab to be ready for it. For now, the exhaust ends just off the picture. If it is too loud, or if it drones too much in the cab, I have a stock muffler I can put on. What I don't have is a over-the-axle and tail pipe.
Cleaned up and installed the Rancho shocks off my crewcab.
The next post should be the fuel tank and redoing some wires at the tranny. Then, I will be putting the body back on. Hopefully the body goes on on Wednesday.

No comments: