How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Firewall finished

I finished welding in the new firewall today. After grinding the high spots off the welds, I spread seam sealer over the joint. This is the outside driver's side. I had already touched up the paint at the windshield flange.

This is also the driver's side, but on the inside. Everywhere that you see sealer here, there was factory sealer. I also seam sealed the outside only to ensure that water does not get in.
The stitch welding took a while, but, now that it is done, I am glad that I did it. This newer style firewall will make everything else about my conversion go slick.
Here are the same shots, after I touched up the paint. I know the seam sealer looks cruddy, but that is the way the original came out of the factory. I am not going to worry about it. I am not building this one for show, and once it is all together, nobody will notice it unless they are looking for it anyway.
The inside looks pretty much factory.
Looks pretty good. I will roll out some bedliner material on the floor at a later time.

No comments: