How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Firewall Replacement Part 2

This shot is looking into the part of the vent cowell that is still on the truck. The triangle metal flap with the reflecting shine on it is a water deflector. It keeps rainwater from running down the inner wall and coming through the vent under the heater and, on the other side, under the parking brake pedal. On my initial build of my crewcab, I patched some rust in the cowell and forgot to replace the deflector. When it rained or when I washed the car, my floor always got soaked. Here, I painted the surface with POR15. I forgot to replace the seam sealer in this area. I will have to sneak it in there later because...
...I started welding in the new part. So, that little hole is now all I have for access for the sealer. This is the outside below the windshield. It will be covered by the cowell grill panel that goes between the hood and windshield. The threaded stud and the threaded hole support the top of the driver's fenderThis is the inside below the windshield, driver's side. The bracket supports the parking brake assembly.
This is the outside on the driver's side looking at the area next to the wiring harness plug. This pic must be upside down, which would make the stamped-in numbers upside down if I turned it over. I decided not to change the picture because it is a pain in the butt to do so.

No comments: