How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Odds and ends up front

This picture shows the installed front driveshaft. This is the driveshaft out of the '92 cummins donor truck. The u-joint fit the yoke so I put it in without any modifications.
The power steering hoses were an issue because the '92 hoses did not fit the '77 steering box, and the '77 high pressure hose did not fit the pump. To remedy this, I changed out the fitting in the back of the power sterring pump on the diesel with the fitting from a pump off a '70s truck I had in the shop. The extra hose going over the top of the pump is the fuel line. I removed the hard line from the right frame rail and relocated it in the left frame rail to get it on the lift-pump side of the engine. I still need to attach it at both ends and run a return line back to the tank.
After switching the fitting, I was able to use the '77 hoses and get the power steering buttoned-up.
I also hooked up the brake line to the front axle, as well as the drag link.

No comments: