How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For the most part, this project is an engine, transmission, transfer case swap. The Ramcharger has also received 3/4 ton running gear, but, so far, that has all been 1977 to 1977. Any other modifications are simply to make the 1992 diesel stuff work. With that in mind, I modified the old gas tank to become a diesel fuel tank. The yellow fitting is a 3/4 inch filler vent out of a diesel tank. Since diesel tends to foam, the small gas vent won't be adequate. The fuel supply is now plumbed to the lift pump on the engine. The return fuel line is plumbed into the old vent line. By using the old style tank and gauge unit the original body and dash wiring can be used for the gauge.This is a shot of where the hard lines ended. I extended the lines back to the tank with new fuel hose. I put the hose inside wire loom where it goes though all the cross-members beside the tank to protect them from chafing.
The shiny spot on the bell housing on the left side of the picture below the wires is where the cab and transmission came together in the collision that caused the 1992 ctd to become a donor vehicle. The transmission/transfer-case wiring harness was pinched, so I soldered and shrink wrapped the wires before stuffing them into this loom. There is nothing I hate more on a vehicle than electrical problems, so any time I find a hinky situation, I try to make it right.
Another shot. I like the clean and secure look to this wiring now. The original tape harness fell apart in my hands.
The body will be going on pretty soon. Exciting step.

No comments: