How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The time has come to put the body back on the Ramcharger. In this picture, my chain hoist is hooked into four chains. Two are hooked into the lower door hinges, and the other two are are bolted into the rear seat holes. The hoist is supporting the bulk of the weight. the back is supported on ramps.
Using the chain hoist, I raised the front of the body. Once it was up high enough, I started rolling the frame under it.Eventailly, I had to enlist the engine crane to lift the back. I dropped two chains down to the tail gate catches.
A blurry pic of the whole shindig.


Getting it up to level. Haven't pulled the roof in on me yet.

Here it sits. i forgt to take a picture of the mounts, I will get some tomorrow and edit them in. I reused the best of all the original rubber mounts I had laying around. Trying to keep the budget on this one as close to zero as possible, I decided not to buy new poly bushings. I also reinstalled the 1 1/2 inch body lift that was on the Ramcharger shell when I got it.This is what it looks like down the passenger sideTough to tell what is going on in this shot. I included it to show engine to firewall clearance. There is about an inch.Considering that this is a 35 inch tire. the spring lift/body lift combo set it up pretty good.

No comments: