How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Trouble with the patching.

Wow, I am glad this photo is blurry. I know people who can weld. Apparently I am not one of them. The face of this patch was not too bad. It had easy enough access, but the patch extends behind the brake pedal/steering collumn bracket. Inside the cowel the surface is rusty and access is limited.
This shot shows some of what I am dealing with. What the shot does not show is that the camera is peaking theous a 1 1/2 by 3 inch hole. It also shows how bad my patch fit was in the hard to reach places.
Some of the welding had to be done through the 1 inch wiper post hole. Not enough light got out of the box to darken my welding lense. Flashed the old eyballs a few times. Got to get beyond this frustration.

No comments: