How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Maybe I will keep it this way so I can view the Cummins.

Not. This is a tough look. I keep telling myself that I did not just destroy my truck. I also wonder if it would have been easier to haf just cut the A-pillars and the floor and grafted the new on that way. It's a toss-up. If I had done that, then the front cab mounts would hav been utilized and the quality of my welds ay become a safety issue. Huh, sounds like a serious lack of confidence.

Kind of empty looking.
Hey look, twins.
Here is the firewall out of the donor. I left the wiper motor and linkage and the brake booster onit. Why not. It is newer than the original stuff, and, sticking with the theme, the wiper motor will, guaranteed, be compatible with the delay system built into the wiring and tilt column I will be using.
Here is the driver's side clamped into place and trimmed to fit with about 1/16" gap in most places.
The passenger side.
My worst fitment issue. Som filler will be needed, but at least it is out in the open, instead of burried down in the hole like the patches. All-in-all, I feel much better about this repair than a bunch of cruddy patches.


No comments: