How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Core Support

I was thinking the next step was the doors, but changed my mind and went to work on the core support. I am using a core support out of an '89 gasser (the one that donated its firewall and dash/heater). The only mod I had to make to put the '89 core support on the '77 frame was drilling two holes for the mounts. The holes in the frame were about 2 inches farther apart than the holes in the core support. I chose to drill the frame rather than the support. I figured it did not matter and the frame would stay put while I drilled. In this picture you can see the 1 1/2 in. spacers for the body lift below the support.
In this shot you can see that I still have work to do on the brake booster/master cylinder. I thought I was going to use the booster out of the '89 so I left it on the firewall, but as it turns out, I need to use the one that came on my cummins donor because the port size is different and I need to use the bigger plug to plumb in the heater controls. I considered tapping into the vacuum system elswhere, but I am not sure if the vacuum pump on the cummins needs a special booster or not. Anyway, five bolts and it will be changed. It is easy to get to with the dash out.
On the passenger side, I wnt ahead and put in the inner fender. Other than someday replacing the turbo housing and/or upgrading the exhaust, very little work will need to go on on this side of the engine. I will most likely need to move the radiatoor overflow bottle toward the headlight in order to run the intercooler pipes.
Next up, radiator.

No comments: