How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

1992 factory CTD transmission Cooler

The next thing to get installed is the transmission cooler. I drilled the oval-shaped hole with overlapping 1 3/4" holes in the hole saw arbor. Then, I cleaned it up with the cut-off tool, the same as the way I cut the holes for the intercooler. I did not even measure for this one, I just held the cooler up in place and marked the center of the holes. The hole saw was of no particular size, it was just one I had.

This is how the coller will fit on top of the intercooler.
I had some of this u-shaped moulding with adhesive already in the groove so i decided to use it around the hole. The last thing I want out on a trail or anywhere is to have a rub wear through the tranny fliud line and leave me or my kid stuck somewhere.
Here it is bolted in place. I left a gap between the intercoller and the tranny cooler so there would be no rub or heat transfer. In the left, I used two self-tapping self-drilling sheet metal screws, being crefull they were not long enough to ever come in contact with the radiator.
In the other side, I made another bracked with a 1 1/2" spacer and a nut.
Here is a shot of the lines all hooked up on the engine side of the firewall. Notice the lines bolted to the radiator flange. In the upper right of the picture, you can see that i got good penetration when I welded the bracket to the other side.

No comments: