How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The front driveline from the donor truck bolted right in because the length between the t-case and the front differential did not change. The rear driveline was a different story. I had to take over 20" out of it. The new length was 30.25" center of u-joint to center of u-joint. Since the Dana 60 is just temporary, I had the driveline made-up with the big u-joints that were factory on the cummins trucks. This meant I had to change the pinion yoke on the rear-end. Luckily the splines are the same from one to the other.
Rear joint made-up.
Front.
The whole thing. It ended up with very little room for the splines to move. I did not measure it to see if it came out the length I asked for or if it was my mistake in taking the measurement before I changed the yoke. Something to check on.

No comments: