How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Version of a Hybrid

Tonight, I spent a little time on the dash. Actually I spent most of the time under it. I started by laying out the harness. I took the steering column down twice befor I got it figured out. Three times if you count the metal strip that supports the under side of the dash that goes over the steering couln and gets sandwiched between the steering column and the brake pedal/column bracket. Note to self: When you do this again on the crewcab, the main harness goes over the brake/column bracket and in the long plastic sleeve behind the cluster.
The reaso i call this a hybrid, is because it is a combo of so many things. The frame and rear sheet metal is 1977 half-ton ramcharger. The axles, for now, are 1975 3/4-ton crewcab. The engine, transmission, transfer case, wiring, and dash are out of two different 1992 diesel trucks. The front sheet metal and doors will be off a 1989 half-ton. At least it all came off Dodges

The next series of pics are mainly here as a host sight so I can post them on http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/ to see if anybody can tell me what they are and where they go.

The first, the pics are terrible. It is some sort of gizmo with a plastic bracket. it does not plug anywhere. I just want to know what it is.
Another bad shot of it.
This next has wires whose colors remind me of car stereo speaker wires. But the plug does not fit the back of the factory radio.
This is the inside of the last plug. My phone is kind of hit and miss on pictures, this was a mis.
Here is another pretty good shot of the same plug.
Finally there is this little guy. Now that I am not in the shop, this may be where the power window/door lock harness would plug in. I will check that tomorrow.
Another shot. All three of these are under the dash to the left of the brake light switch and to the right of the ash tray, and they come out of the main under dash factory 1992 ctd wiring harness.


No comments: