How to view this blog.

Unfortunatly Blogspot will not allow for me to have my most recent posts show up at the bottom of the page. My newest posts always appear at the top. So, you may need to scroll down to the first unread post and work your way back up. Or, use the archive. It is a bit combersome, but it will have to do.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Intercooler part 3 - Lower Brackets

This is the way the intercooler was left hanging, literally. In the previous posts, I made upper mounts and installed the tubes, but ended the day with no lower brackets.
Here is one of the brackets I made. The procedure follows.
I strted with the old hunk of frame from the bent 1-ton outside. This is nice heavy steel with a 90 degree bend already in it.
As before, I layed out my cuts on tape. I was looking for simple L-brackets with a 5/8" hole 7/8" from the back of the "L" I tried my new, very expensive, Irwin step bit but the steel was too heavy. Hopefully, I did not ruin the bit right out of the box.
So, after a trip to the drill press and a few swirlies with the burr (5/8" was not quite big enough), this is what I had.
After a little grinding tio clear the paint and some welding...Then some paint ant the bushing and we are done.


No comments: